Friday, January 20, 2012

UH-60 Blackhawk Rotorhead

 Here's a screenshot of the 3D program I use. It's called Modo 501

I should note. I didn't use any backdrop pictures to model this! I basically did it from memory, then I went back and found some pictures and used those to correct the size proportions.
This was a pretty early effort. I still learning to use this program.

It's far from perfect, but concidering this was my first attempt at Hard Surface Modelling,.. I'd say it came out ok.

Now that I've gained some skill, I should go back and re-do this model.
 I can see that the spindles are too small and the bifilar is too big,.. but hey,.. like I said, I didn't use any orthographic references.

Can you spot the problem with the blades? They are not all facing the right direction. LOL. DOH! I was just learning how to use the mirror tool.

No textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment